Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Party The Reveal


Today is the DAY for the Lori Anderson Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal.  I have been waiting since those gorgeous beads above arrived from Genea Beads.   This is the day over two hundred beaders have been waiting for.  It all began in early January when Lori Anderson announced her 3rd Bead Soup Party.  I joined in and shortly learned that my Bead Soup Partner would be Genea Crivello-Knable. What fun it has been getting to know her.  She is so friendly, exuberant, talented and creative.  Once we connected we were to send each other a focal bead, a clasp and a few other beads.  You can see by the photo above that she is also very generous.  Once these beauties arrived, I began to think about how I would make them into a piece of jewelry.  I decided to use free form peyote stitch since the glass just seemed to lend it self to an intuitive kind of beadwork.


Close up photo of the necklace showcasing a disk bead and some rounds (made by Genea) as well as my peyote stitch spikes. This photo also is a good example of the incredible coincidence that the teal glass size 6 seed beads I used are the exact same color as the teal glass that Genea used to make some of her beads.  And I already had these teal colored beads in my stash!!  Just shows we were meant to be Bead Soup Partners.  Lori, you have such a feel for matching folks up!!  We both have thought this all along.

This photo is very special since it is a closeup of the bead that Genea invented just for me for this Bead Soup Blog Party.  She calls this bead  a Tri Flower Cone.  I have jazzed it up even more by stringing it on 3 of her glass tipped head pins. Isn't it just a fabulous bead?!!


A full photo of the necklace.  I have decided to name it JOY!!  Since that is how I feel each time I look at Genea's beads and feel their vibrant colors.


Another photo of the whole necklace in a pseudo Spring setting.

And a final photo of the necklace being worn.  It hangs so well.  Almost all of the beads, other than the seed beads have been made by Genea.  I used only 3 of my own ceramic beads.  I wanted this necklace to be about Genea and the wondrous beauty and energy of her creations.

This has been such fun.  Thank you Genea and Lori!!  I hope you will visit all the others who are revealing their creations today.  I can't wait to start blog hopping.  You can use this list below. I have noted Where You Are on the list.

1.  Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 
3.  Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 
4.  Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio
5.  Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
6.  Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
7.  Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things
8.  Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe
9.  Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto
10.  Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio


11.  Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
12.  Rachel Walsh, Balanced Crafts
13.  Marian Hertzog, M's Place
14.  Mary McGraw, MK's Musings
15.  Sarabeth Burke, Chronicles of Sarita
16.  Deci Worland, Gem Trails 
17.  Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found
18.  Laura Zeiner, Stick Lizard Designs
19.  Kristin Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
20.  Cathryn Brooks-Williams, Chile Cats


21.  Holly Westfall, Silver Rose Designs
22.  Janna Harttgen, Palima-Lim 
23.  Libby Leuchtman, Libby Leu
24.  Rebecca Anderson, Songbeads
25.  Deb Hunter, Living On Air
26.  Diana Ptaszynski, Suburban Girl Studio
27.  Jennifer VanBenschoten, VanBeads 
28.  Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
29.  Cyndi Lavin, Beading Arts
30.  Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul


31.  Stefanie Teufel, Stefanie's Sammelsurium
32.  Patricia Gasparino, My Life Under the Bus
33.  Tari Khars, Pearl and Pebble
34.  Kristi Bowman-Gruel, Kristi Bowman Design
35.  Jayne Capps, Mama's Got to Doodle
36.  Becky Fairclough, Chameleons Designs
37.  Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead & Metal Works
38. Lynne Bowland, Islandgirl's Insights
39.  Barbara Lewis, Painting With Fire
40.  Lorelei Eurto, Inside the Studio


41.  Stacy Hartis, Sissy & Jack's
42.  Jennifer Cameron, Glass Addictions
43.  Marcie Abney, La Bella Joya 
44.  Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
45.  Nan Emmett, Spirit Rattles 
46.  Melissa Mesara, One Eared Pig  
47.  Amanda Davie, Articulations
48.  Cherin Poovey, Lanyard Lady
49.  Virginia Joste, ViviBijoux


50.  Andrew Thornton, The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
51.  Lori Dorrington,
Lori's Glassworks
52.  Melanie Brooks, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
53.  Kate Gardenghi, Tropical Blonde
54.  Serena Trent, PinkIce Jewel's Blog
55. Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin de Koning
56.  Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
57.  Francy Inman, 8 Second Studio 
58.  Amy Freeland, Copper Diem
59.  Lisa Liddy, Joolz By Lisa


60.  Sandi Lee James,  Do Be Do Bead Do
61.  Mary Harding, Mary Harding Bead Blog  you are here
62.  Stacey Curry, Star Hitched Wagon
63.  Leslie Gidden, Mad Maggie Designs
64.  Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
65.  Niky Sayers, Silver Nik Nats
66.  Linda Djokic, Lutka and Co.
67.  Tracy Bell, Copper, Glass, and Recycled Trash
68.  Laurel Steven, Rue's Daftique
69.  Ingrid McCue, Wrapped In Silver



70.  Birgitta Lejonklou, Create With Spirit
71.  Diana Hawkey, Diana Hawkey
72.  Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
73.  Jeanette Ryan, Jeanette Blix
74.  Jackie Ryan, Silver Lodge Gems
76.  Debbie Goering, Prairie Emporium 
77.  Valerie Norton, Hot Art 
78.  Jana Trupovniece, Stories of the Secret Garden  
79.  Amy Severino, Amy Beads 


80.  Emma Thomas, Fred Beans Nook
81.  Karen Zanco, Everyday Gypsy
82.  Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
83.  Janet McDonald, Singing Woods
84.  Dana James, Dana's Jewelry Designs
85.  Kristina Johansson, Wild Roses and Blackberries
86.  CJ Bauschka, CJ Bauschka
87.  Angela Barribea, Re: Angela Rae
88. Marcy Lamberson, Studio Marcy
89.  Tanya Floyd, Glass Migrations


90.  Lisa Kavanaugh, Beading Bliss
91.  Sue Hodgkinson, Hello Gorgeous 
92.  Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Bead 
93.  Nally Parfyonova, Nally's Creations 
94.  Karyn White, Releases By Rufydoof  
95. Emanda Johnson, Artemisia Studio 
96.  Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
97.  Cindy Dolezal,  Cindy Dolezal Designs 
98.  Stacie Stamper, Park Avenue
99. Mallory Hoffman, For the Love of Beads


101.  Nicole Valentine-Rimmer, N. Valentine Studio
102.  Jacinta Meyers, Jamberrysong's Creations 
103.  Charlene Gary, Gray Girl Studios
104.  Rubiee Hayes, Glitter and Keys Galore
105.  Marge Beebe, Rock Creek Creations
106.  Elizabeth Freeman, Turquoise Sky
107.  Shelby Foxwell, Sundown Bead Designs Rhetoric
108.  Lynda Moseley, Diva Designs
109.  Grace Danel,  Grace Beading
110.  Lois Moon, Que Onda Quitman


111.  Agnes Shapiro, Beader Bubbe 
112.  Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo 
113.  Judy Glende, Judith B. Designs
114.  Mary Ellen Parker, Bee Tree By Me
115. Barbara Bechtel, Second Surf
116.  Charlene Sevier, The Bead Dreamer
117. Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles 
118.  Cory Celaya, Art With Moxie 
119.  Ronda Adams, The Ravished Heart 
120.  Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe Designs 


121. Anna Lear, The Laughing Raven 
122. Susie Hibdon, Vintagesusie & Wings  
123.  Amanda Austin, Sea Shore Glass 
124.  Jennifer Velasquez, Jen Judd Rocks 
125.  Hazel Ward, All Those Things 
126.  Brenda Salzano, Salzanos 
127.  Dee Gordon, Runako Designs by Dee 
128.  Anna Denisova, Anita-M 
129.  Margaret Saari, Mags-Jewelry


130.  Genea Crivello-Knable, Genea Beads 
131.  Penny Neville, Copper Penny
132.  Angela Blasingame, Hopemore
133. Helena Fritz, Beadwork by H's Blog
134. Stephanie LaRose, Confessions of a Bead Hoarder
135. Stephanie Haussler, PixyBug Designs
136. Diane Cook, Rosa & Josies  
137.  Maryse Thillens, Glass Bead Art
138.  Jennifer Pride, Jewelry by J.P.
139.  Shannon Chomanczuk, For My Sweet Daughter


140.  Lisa Godfrey, Bead Happy
141.  Heather Pyle, Welcome to My  Muse
142.  Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
143.  Liz DeLuca, Creative Arty Facts
144.  Sig Wynne-Evans, Beaded Bear's Nonsense
145.  Loretta Carstensen, Loretta's Boutique
146.  Raida Disbrow, Havana Beads 
147.  Amber Dawn, Inventive Soul 
148.  Shelly Graves, Stars Dance With Me  
149.  Jess Italia Lincoln, Vintaj Blog 


150. JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
151.  Carrie Tahquechi, Carrie T
152.  Staci Smith, Staci Louise Originals
153.  Katarzyna Kwiatkowska, Quiet Area 
154.  Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
155. Magdalena Sikora, Poranna Gazeta
156.  Nicole Keller, Nicki's Reef
157.  Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
158.  Noemi Baena, Fire, Metal, and Color 
159. Christa Murphy, Adventures of One Beady Woman 


160.  Barbara Blaszczyk, Labotorium Flory
161.  Collette Collins, Firefly Myst
162.  Carola Greiser, Polymer Clay Shed
163.  Joanna Kopijczuk, Bizuteria z Filcu
164. LeAnn Weih, Summers Studio 
165.  Cassandra Watsham, Design by Cassandra
166. Anna Motz, Stunning
167.  Shea Zukowski, Gr8findings
168.  Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
169.  Lisa Boucher, Lisa's Clay Happenings


170.  Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
171.  Alison Crenshaw, Beads by Earth Tones
172.  Dorcas Midkiff, Wondrous Strange Designs 
173.  Melissa Rediger, Sea of Glass 
174.  Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre  
176.  Menka Gupta, Menka's Blog
177. Patsy Evins, Patsy Evins Studio
178.  Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
179.  Suzette Bentley, Ellie's Bijoux

180.  Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
181.  Lyn Foley, Lyn Foley Wearable Art
182. Tara Plote, The Newbie Beader's Blog
183. Natalie Schuetz, Natalie S Perlen 
184. Kim Hutchinson, Running on Ink
185. Haley Frank, Wide Eyed Smilin 
186. Grace Caputo, Suddenly Last Summer
187. Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp, Skye Jewels 
188. Erin Siegel, Erin Siegel Jewelry 
189.  Janea McDonald, Organized Chaos

190.  Kristi Evenson, Colie Bug & Co.
191.  Linda Inhelder, Must Haves Jewelry
192.  Hilary Frye, FryeStyle
193. Whitney Lassini, Whitney Lassini
194. Nancy Schindler, The Rabbit Muse
195. Pam Brisse, The Blue Between
196. Beth Bricker, Vintage Sweets
197.  Ruthie Stickney, Rose Works Jewelry and Gifts
198.  Rose Noble, Lady Noble Designs
199. Karen Williams, Baublicious

200.  Claire Maunsell, The Next Bend
201.  Christine Damm, Stories They Tell
202.  Kerry Bogert, Kab's Creative Concepts
203.  Wendy Blum, Sand & Sea Designs
204.  Juli Cannon, Julsbeads
205.  Jenny Robledo, La Dona Boutique
206.  Krista French, French Elegant Jewelry
207.  Pam Krinski, Ewa Beads
208.  Melissa Meman, Melissa Meman, Art, Life, Love
209.  Dana Jones, Dana's Jewelry
210.  Shirley Moore, Homeschooling Life


The next party's sign ups begin August 1-3, 2011.  Don't miss it!


101 comments:

  1. woooooooooooooow that is a real WORK OF ART !!!!
    love love love :) FANTASTIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy is fabulous! Love how you showcased all the various beads with the peyote beadwork. This is a head turner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Mary, I love the artsy, modern, playful mood of your necklace! It really evokes the fun, cheerful vibe of Genea's beads! It is JOYful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I am just knocked out by your piece! I am so used to the work you do in natural colors and themes-- what a surprise to see a modern and chic handling of these truly joyful colors emerge from a pile of beads! I want one of those triple ones myself! Congrats on a stellar piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real showstopper! I love the combination of dark and bright colors, and the design is one of the most creative I've seen. You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - That's incredible Mary! What a great piece - so much detail. You always amaze me. :) That is going to be Big fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering what you would do with such bright colors- you made it fabulous and it's SO YOU!!! Great job. It must have taken you an eternity to finish- so intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning piece!!! Amazing! I don't have words for it. Okay, one word I have: Showstopper. That's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Mary, It's so BEAUTIFUL! My eyes welled up when I scrolled down to the picture! You are so talented and so sweet! I can't imagine the hours you put into this piece! I think it is a fantastic piece incorporating both of us! I love the intricate details. I love what you did with the Tri-Flower Trumpet and the glass headpins as the little dangles. Just incredible! I wish I was there to hold it in my hands and try it on! Would you take a picture of yourself wearing it for me? :)

    Much love to you, dear friend!

    Genea xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I can't imagine the hours that went into beading with this - it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, gosh! I love this, it's so artsy! Perfect color combo and the amount of work you put into it really shows. Very impressive. :) I saw it and the first thing that came to mind was, "Wow, that's so Guggenheim or MoMA." Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative and colourful necklace! I can understand why you call it Joy. As for the details, I really fell for the way you used multiple lampworked headpins to suspend the focal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow wow~! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, ashtonishing piece, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! This is such a wonderful way to show case Genea's lampwork disks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! Payote beading is a real art, you're lucky to have the knowledge and the talent! to put it all together like that is fab. Your piece should be in the BSP album, smile, Virginie ViviBijoux

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! Love it!! So different and lively - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep you did good! I love the freeform and the beads are gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love finding things that are completely unexpected!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous, cheerful necklace! I think the focal element is my favourite part :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Outrageous! I love it, the freeform peyote is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely. lots of work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All those colors are amazing. I love the way you used them all and the asymmetry of the piece is wonderful. JOY! is a perfect title for such a happy piece.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been wondering since I saw this soup how you would use it. These seem so very different from anything I have see you use! I love the way you integrated it into your beadwork. That took a LOT of time. Are your eyes tired yet? Mine are just thinking about it! This certainly inspires JOY!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  25. very beautiful selection of beads that you received! I love the length of your necklace and the contrast of black with the bright beads. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning bead soup & design! Makes me wish I knew beadwork techniques like this. The colorful glass beads look beautiful against the dark stitching and the closeup pics are great. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's AMAZING (and looks like quite a lot of work!). I want a tri-flower cone now!!!! Too darned cute -- bright and fun is certainly my thing!

    I'm so glad you had fun, and I hope you do this again in August!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I could not imagine how to use the glass headpins, now I see one possibility, I love this piece. Genea is one of my favorite people first, artists second.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Breathtaking! The name of the necklace "Joy" is perfect because it is joyful. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  30. GOOD GOLLY Mary!!! How Superb!
    You really have a pc of wonderful Art here. And the work and time you put into this..this could easily go into a Gallery. Mary you Always bring it!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wowza!! what a colourful selection of beads. Your creation is very unique & beautiful. I love the things in your etsy shop i will b placing my order in the next few days it's in my cart> thanks for creating such amazing eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! Very creative and so unique! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh, the amount of time that went into this lovely work of art! you have an incredible talent!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fun piece with a art deco kinda look to it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've been wondering all month what you were going to do with these! Fantastic display, really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is stunning, Mary. You did a beautiful job!
    Love your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  37. "get out of town".."oh my goodness" I'm blown away at this bird pattern and over all look... Simply outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  38. #209 here...very pretty, great work...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow! Love how you incorporated all those beautiful beads!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, Mary! JOY is right. The pictures of the soup ingredients was pretty joyful all by itself but then I when I saw what you made I felt the joy JOY! What an amazing job you did! Congrats!
    SallyA

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! What an incredible piece of art! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  42. OH! What a fabulous design; you did a wonderful job! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a WONDERFUL artsy piece!! LOVE IT!!!

    Sig

    ReplyDelete
  44. I absolutely love this necklace, it is just so joyful and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  45. YOU "WOWED" EVERYONE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Mary, I was eager to see what you could create when I saw your colorful bead soup recently. I am so incredible amazed right now. Your necklace is truly a piece of art jewelry. I cannot imagine the time it took not only to design this piece, but to do all of the intricate (and seriously impressive) beadwork!!! The darker background beads really are the perfect backdrop for the bright lampwork beads. The composition is just perfect! Bravo for such a sensational Bead Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  47. This piece reminded me instantly of a Miro art painting. I can't imagine how much time you have put into creating this and I love how the colorful beads are standing out on the dark seed bead work. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh, Mary! This is a work of art! I have always wanted to learn some free form beading ... Joyce Scott is a Maryland native and has taught at the Maryland Institute, College of Art in the past ... I just happened to not be able to go. Yours is a magnificent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Amazing! Love the free form beading!

    ReplyDelete
  50. wow,this is an amazing statement piece. a lot of work went into it ..stunning

    ReplyDelete
  51. The freeform nature of the necklace really compliments the bright and fun beads. VEry nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Amazing soup,amazing piece! Love the idea to string the focal on those terrific headpins. Supercool!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh my! Your beadwork is stunning and those ingredients are truly top shelf! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your Soup reminded me of a circus so delightful. Yourdesign di them proud. Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  55. Another amazing seed bead necklace. It's so artsy and fun. Love it! Your beadwork is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow that is amazing and such fun with the bright colours.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  57. So often easy an easy to wear design seems more jewelry than Art.Yet the wonderful Art pieces sometimes don't seem to be very practical as jewelry .
    This is A true piece of ART,yet it looks so very wearable !!! I am in awe!!!
    This is a creation that I'll remember for a long,long time !!!
    JOY is the perfect name !
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi Mary, sorry I had several typos- it is still early here- I am starting over.
    I have learned to expect the most wonderful unusual designs from you. Wow is that an eye catcher. Love the randomness in your design and the loud colors!! Yes that specially designed focal is awesome and the little headpins make it even more gorgeous!! Great soup- with very interesting flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow! Joy must have taken you forever, so intricate. I love how you used the head pins very creative!
    Shannon C

    ReplyDelete
  61. absolutely gorgeous...your beadwork is stunning...my first thought was that would look beautiful over something black...and there you have it!! beautiful job! such a fun piece!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow. Just wow. This is an amazing piece. Ihave to say, when i saw the initial bead soup I thought 'that is very bright!' But I love that you've kept the brightness of the beads but added a completely different level of colour and texture to it.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh my gosh, what an amazing necklace! SO much work went into it, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  64. This is a stunning piece those colorful rondels look great against the black seed beads!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Fantastic! I'm a huge fan of freeform, and you added her beads beautifully. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wow, what a piece of art! Looks just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Amazing piece is it just me or doesn't anyone else see eyes a nose and a very happy mouth?

    ReplyDelete
  68. wow very nice and must have been a ton of work it hangs very nicely a real showstopper.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Does anyone else see the SMILIE FACE IN THAT NECKLACE!? Mary, it is absolutely stunning and you couldn't have picked a better name. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wow...this is definitely on my Top 10 list! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Oh, wow, this is amazing! I've never tried freeform technique before, but your necklaces makes me want to give it a shot! ;) Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Incredible Creation!! Lamp work is amazing too, your design is gallery!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Mary, that is such a cool necklace. I love how it brings a great POP of color to a black sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  74. what a fun combo of colors you used! i love the black with the vibrant colors-it's perfect!

    fabulous job with your bowl of soup :)


    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  75. You have crafted an original, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  76. So beautiful friend, I love this necklace & what you did with your SOUP! Simple Stunning!!! ;)
    Thanks for sharing...
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a fun, playful necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  78. Oh goodness, now *this* is art jewelry at it's best! And what a cool, collaborative piece at that. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Lovely! I love how the colors work together :)

    ReplyDelete
  80. Gorgeous! I love the abstract, artisy and fun feel of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Sigh...I am in lust with that beautiful piece of artwork. I am in awe right now. I feel lucky to get to see pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Mary, you always blow me away with your incredible sead bead works of art! This piece makes such a statement! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  83. A work of wearable art. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Totally different and totally cool. I'm eating it up. Charge a lot for it if you plan to sell. You'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I just love this! What a neat idea for those discs! And I love what you did with the glass headpins. Awesome display of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  86. What an awesome assortment of goodies you received! I love your piece - it is just such a happy, vibrant piece. Well done!

    Karyn
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  87. Oh my! What a beautiful piece of wearable artwork! I love what you did with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Wow! What gorgeous beads you received in your soup. You created such a unique piece!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Can I just say amazing! This is absolutely marvelous. I do not stitch and am in awe of those that do. I have to say I have never seen such a beautiful, artful necklace. Genea's beads are awesome, when I saw what she sent you I was in love. You showcased her beads perfectly yet still managed to showcase your stitching. Yum Yum great bead soup!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Very cool! Great job. I wish I could bead stitch like that. No patience!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Absolutely stunning! I can see why you felt your piece should be called Joy - very apt. The time that you must have spent on this...! ANd I love how you have showcased Genea's gorgeous beads on your stitching. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  92. What a cool way to use the lampwork beads!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Wow, it's so cool to come back and see what everyone had to say and look at the necklace again! You really did such an incredible job, my friend! The necklace IS smiling. It must have worked in the joy from both of us adding our creative parts to it :D

    ReplyDelete
  94. Boy oh boy oh boy!!!!
    I am glad I have finally come to your soup creation!!!!!!
    I love your soup you got. It is fabulous.....and I super duper love what you did- That is so my style - guess it is a good thing I did not get that soup- I would not have been able to think outside of my (and yours) box!!! thanks for sharing. Alice's beads and baubles

    ReplyDelete
  95. Wonderful creation! Love the contrast of the colorful, organic shaped beads against your very artistically intricate & delicate beading!

    ReplyDelete
  96. wow! I love the focal you made by stacking the beads

    ReplyDelete
  97. It's fantastic! I'm a huge Genea fan and you really did her beads right...and kept them in your own style. It has taken me a while to get around to you on my soup adventure, but I'm glad because I had a chance to see more of your latest posts and those toggles are AWESOME! Can't wait to go shopping. :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  98. Is the word I am looking for "funky"? I believe so, (although it might be a dated one, which I wouldn't know since I am not an American). I love it worn with that black jumper and the open shirt. I see it as the perfect outfit when you are going to a jazz club or some New York club where you eat and drink while someone is performing on a small stage. Or perhaps an art exhibition. Anyways, Genea's beads are of course wonderful, and the way you have used them is ingenious.

    ReplyDelete

Raku Bead Video Part III