Monday, May 30, 2011

2nd Saturday State of Your Studio/3rd Friday Cone 5/6 Glaze Tests

Some sweet tiny heart beads for a special order

Every 2nd Saturday, and every 3rd Friday Marsha Neal Studio sets up  linking blog posts on BeadsofClay  for us to post to and catch up on other studios in the bead and handmade world.  Anyone can participate who wants to share their studio happenings or glaze tests.  You don't have to be a ceramic bead artist to participate.  I hope you will join in on the fun. And you have a month to link up your post.  I thought I would share some recent glaze tests  and a few beads since I am sort of bridging the time between these two linky posts on BOC.
The tiny hearts in a bigger heart!!

Coyote Cone 5/6 Glaze  Layered Black with Really Red on top


Coyote 5/6 Glaze Cedar Shino


Coyote 5/6 Glaze layered with Gun Metal Green then with Archie's Base on Top


Coyote 5/6 Glaze Pistachio Shino

Coyote 5/6 Glaze layered with Black, then Shino, then Archie's Base


My friend Cait, the BarefootWeaver's buttons using some of these test strip combos.

I hope you enjoyed this color treat today.  These are indeed amazing glazes!!

8 comments:

  1. Mary, you are getting some great glaze results. I've tried some of these combinations on porcelain and get a drippy mess. What kind of clay are you using. Thanks for sharing your tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little heart charms - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your test results for the glazing, I especially like the Coyote 5/6 Glaze layered with Gun Metal Green then with Archie's Base on Top. The heart charms are awesome also! Thanks for sharing your results. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary,i love the colors on those little heart charms yummy yummy <3 ttfn L:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh those hearts are SUPER cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those glazes are just freakin' gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a lot of lovely glazes!!
    especially the gunmetal green layered....and the black with red on top ...jummie...I bet also they are even more gorgeous in real as I myself find it is almost impossible to show the beauty of ceramic in the pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, Is the pistachio shino matte? I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Raku Bead Video Part III